drunknknite
He was winning,
but he didn't see it
and I escaped - as usual.

-Levon Aronian

A Real Test...

By drunknknite
I have started playing at Reno Chess Club again and won my first three games. None of them went over 30 moves. Tonight I face Jerry Weikel, a Reno chess club legend and Tournament Director of the big Reno tournaments. He has been playing extremely well this tournament and I feel like this will be a very good game. I'm excited about it. Also I have been following the tournament in Bilbao, some amazing chess going on. I feel like I play much better when I've been watching high-level games. Not just looking over them but actually following them live. There was a post I started a long time ago about that topic that I never finished, I should probably work on that. Anyways.. just checking in.
 

2 comments so far.

  1. Anonymous September 12, 2008 at 2:44 AM
    Good luck with your game!
  2. Polly September 14, 2008 at 3:48 PM
    Good luck! Ask Jerry if he still makes pins for his Reno events. I collect chess pins and he's given me a few from past events. I'd love to get some more if he has them. He's done some really nice ones in the past.

Something to say?