drunknknite
He was winning,
but he didn't see it
and I escaped - as usual.

-Levon Aronian

Beat Kudrin Tournament

By drunknknite
This was the first tournament I've played since the club championship and also signaled an end to my short hiatus from chess. I lost my game with Weikel, but I feel pretty good about how I played in that game. I played very aggressively in all games and achieved quick wins in the four games I did win. My rating even went up a little bit. Here are all 5 games. They are pretty entertaining but I need to work harder to avoid the stupid mistakes that I made.

I still need to post some games from over the summer but I'm going to try and stay current in the mean time.
 

4 comments so far.

  1. Anonymous September 21, 2008 at 12:40 PM
    4 out of 5 isn't bad at all, actually i know many players who will sign before the start of a tournament for such a result.

    Well done!
  2. likesforests September 22, 2008 at 4:09 PM
    Wow, nice games the lot of them. Throughout these games you are aggressive and deadly accurate. It must be frustrating to be playing so well and still make silly blunders (missing O-O and f6). At least you gained another 10 rating points and tying for 2nd place in that field is not a bad result at all. :)
  3. drunknknite September 23, 2008 at 8:18 AM
    thanks guys, i do feel good about my performance, i just want to do better.
  4. Polly September 30, 2008 at 11:57 AM
    That 4th round game was painful. I kinda saw that coming, but I hate when I miss such an obvious discovered check like that. I did same sort of thing a few weeks ago. I saw the discovered check, but forgot that pushing the pawn attacking the queen was stronger the pxp+. One of those DUH moments that we all have.

Something to say?