drunknknite
He was winning,
but he didn't see it
and I escaped - as usual.

-Levon Aronian

Good News and Bad News

By drunknknite
Over the last few months I decided I would pursue an MBA in the fall. The good news, I got into the school I want: University of Toronto. The bad news: I have to move before the club championship will be over. Last night my friend came into town and I decided to just concede my match because I will not be able to play in the finals and I wanted to hang out with my friend. I know, very anti-climactic.
 

10 comments so far.

  1. Rocky June 15, 2009 at 7:25 AM
    Good luck with the MBA! You'll love the game theory classes.
  2. wang June 15, 2009 at 10:49 AM
    Congratulations! I know what a pain it can be to apply to MBA programs. From what I understand the University of Toronto has an excellent program, good luck!

    Bummer about the club, but I have a strong feeling chess will still be around when you get done with your MBA.
  3. 64 squres of mind June 17, 2009 at 1:19 AM
    This comment has been removed by the author.
  4. 64 squres of mind June 17, 2009 at 1:41 AM
    Hey Kevin I am interested on that match, so let's start this Thursday?

    By the way, one of the reasons why I really want to win this tournament is to play you at the Match, but when I heard that you are moving I lost my will to win.

    Play your A game and I will play mine, remember that we don't know that this kind of chance will be happen again.
  5. Blue Devil Knight June 23, 2009 at 11:14 AM
    Last sentence says it all. Bummer dude.
  6. Admin July 13, 2009 at 12:49 PM
    gluck
  7. Mary November 12, 2009 at 12:32 PM
    Hi,


    Americachess.com is currently in the progress of choosing chess blogs/clubs to receive recognition from Americachess.com as Top Resources. This award is not meant to be anything other than a recognition that your blog/Clubs gives information about tactics that directly or in directly raise Chess awareness. Simply place the award banner code on your site and your resource will be listed as a Top CHESS Resources on Americachess.com once you place it. Americachess.com is a Private Global Chess Server which offer FREE Chess Games and Guidelines for learning chess and whose goal is to promote Chess (which game has lost his fan base) through the spread of information globally. Thank you for your dedication to your Club/blogs. Please reply me back with the subject line as your URL to avoid spam and to make sure that you only get the award banner.
  8. Anonymous December 14, 2009 at 5:44 PM
    Good luck on the MBA

    Mrs Chessloser
  9. Troy March 17, 2011 at 2:24 AM
    This comment has been removed by the author.
  10. Matt June 2, 2011 at 12:55 PM
    Hi Drunknknite,

    I hope your studies are going well. I work with a new chess site called ShindigChess.com and I'm interested in your blog. I notice that you haven't posted in a while, but I would still like to talk to you about your blog sometime if you have a minute.

    Best,
    Matt

Something to say?