drunknknite
He was winning,
but he didn't see it
and I escaped - as usual.

-Levon Aronian

Good News and Bad News

By drunknknite
Over the last few months I decided I would pursue an MBA in the fall. The good news, I got into the school I want: University of Toronto. The bad news: I have to move before the club championship will be over. Last night my friend came into town and I decided to just concede my match because I will not be able to play in the finals and I wanted to hang out with my friend. I know, very anti-climactic.
 

9 comments so far.

  1. rockyrook June 15, 2009 at 7:25 AM
    Good luck with the MBA! You'll love the game theory classes.
  2. wang June 15, 2009 at 10:49 AM
    Congratulations! I know what a pain it can be to apply to MBA programs. From what I understand the University of Toronto has an excellent program, good luck!

    Bummer about the club, but I have a strong feeling chess will still be around when you get done with your MBA.
  3. 64 squres of mind June 17, 2009 at 1:19 AM
    This comment has been removed by the author.
  4. 64 squres of mind June 17, 2009 at 1:41 AM
    Hey Kevin I am interested on that match, so let's start this Thursday?

    By the way, one of the reasons why I really want to win this tournament is to play you at the Match, but when I heard that you are moving I lost my will to win.

    Play your A game and I will play mine, remember that we don't know that this kind of chance will be happen again.
  5. Blue Devil Knight June 23, 2009 at 11:14 AM
    Last sentence says it all. Bummer dude.
  6. Admin July 13, 2009 at 12:49 PM
    gluck
  7. Anonymous December 14, 2009 at 5:44 PM
    Good luck on the MBA

    Mrs Chessloser
  8. Anonymous March 17, 2011 at 2:24 AM
    This comment has been removed by the author.
  9. Anonymous June 2, 2011 at 12:55 PM
    Hi Drunknknite,

    I hope your studies are going well. I work with a new chess site called ShindigChess.com and I'm interested in your blog. I notice that you haven't posted in a while, but I would still like to talk to you about your blog sometime if you have a minute.

    Best,
    Matt

Something to say?