drunknknite
He was winning,
but he didn't see it
and I escaped - as usual.

-Levon Aronian

Insanity.

By drunknknite
This is the Round 1 game. It looks like I'm letting White walk all over me but then it goes crazy.



I was surpised to find how many mistakes we each made. I did not know there were wins for White hanging around. My opponent was shocked by Nc2 and this is probably why he could not find the best lines. I'll take it....
 

4 comments so far.

  1. Polly March 25, 2008 at 12:02 PM
    Interesting game. I'll see you tonight. I'll be on probably around 9 pm my time.
  2. Chessaholic March 25, 2008 at 4:16 PM
    crazy game, very interesting - it didn't feel like a game that would end in a draw. I'm amazed by your knight tour... Nc8-d6-f7-d8-e6-d4 to get the knight to d4 is something I would probably dismiss quickly because it feels like it just costs too much time...
  3. wang March 25, 2008 at 10:18 PM
    Very nice game. However I don't see any point where white appears to be walking over you. Nice Knight moves by the way. Even nicer going down the exchange like that with serious counter play.
  4. drunknknite March 26, 2008 at 9:21 AM
    chessaholic - During the tournament they had GM Larry Evans at an analysis board and I gave my game to him. I said my plan and he said 'you want to bring the night here, here, here, etc.??' And everybody was laughing. Every time I moved my knight he'd make some comment and everybody was cracking up. Me and my friend were just laughing at them because although my idea is certainly unique, I don't think it's bad, and when my knight gets to d4 all of a sudden there's so much play. I found lines that made my moves work together and this is what is most important.

    wang - It just looks like I'm not accomplishing anything for so long and then all of a sudden everything comes together. Normally if Black just moves pieces back and forth he will get crushed. But you're right that he didn't really get that much going in this game.

Something to say?