drunknknite
He was winning,
but he didn't see it
and I escaped - as usual.

-Levon Aronian

New Look; New Study Plan

By drunknknite



I changed my site, I know you hadn't noticed. Thought I would spice it up a little bit. Let me know how I did. I added a recent comments, which is sweet.

My new study plan is one that I've used before, it has four parts:

Openings - 1-2 variations per week, this is a vague section and one I'm not really focused on right now, my repertoire is good.

Middlegame - 7 hrs/wk, Secrets of Chess Transformations by Marovic, which is focused on positional sacrifices

Endgame - 6 hrs/wk, Winning Endgame Technique by Alexander Beliavsky and Adrian Mikhalchischin

History - 3-5 gms/day,  right now I am at Stein and Spassky and I am studying from My Great Predecessors, Volume 3 by Kasparov

This is the plan, I'll let you know how well I actually keep it.
 

4 comments so far.

  1. Robert Pearson December 3, 2007 at 2:24 PM
    Like the new look, and I think I'll add the recent comments widget, as well. Thanks for pointing it out.
  2. Liquid Egg Product December 3, 2007 at 3:44 PM
    How could I not notice? It looks good, although I had little time to get accustomed to the old one.

    Several of the blogs I hit have decided to spice up their pages within a few days of each other. It's uncanny.
  3. Chessaholic December 3, 2007 at 9:50 PM
    Nice look, feels sorta high tech...
  4. transformation December 4, 2007 at 5:22 PM
    i like the new look, too.
    and nice plan. warmly, dk

Something to say?