drunknknite
He was winning,
but he didn't see it
and I escaped - as usual.

-Levon Aronian

Overtime.

By drunknknite
I am not really happy with my game from Thursday although it is very very interesting. Basically I closed the position up completely leaving my opponent with one file with which to penetrate which was not enough for him to find an advantage. After 30 moves of trying to get in while I just moved my king back and forth (some other pieces too but in reality I was doing nothing for the last 30 moves of the game). My opponent gave up and agreed to a draw. I set up a fortress and waited for him to give up.

At some point during the day I decided that I would rather try to win with White and take all the pressure off. I'm not sure that this was the best choice and I really wish the match was over already but I lived to fight another day. After butchering the opening I was in no position to make a real fight for the advantage so I just drew and moved on.

Also charging king is back with a new blog just wanted to let everybody know, check it out!
 

2 comments so far.

  1. Chessaholic June 9, 2009 at 2:45 PM
    good to see you posting. how many games are left in your match?
  2. Blue Devil Knight June 12, 2009 at 9:53 AM
    How'd your next game go? We wait with bated breath.

Something to say?