drunknknite
He was winning,
but he didn't see it
and I escaped - as usual.

-Levon Aronian

Far West Open 2008 Continued

By drunknknite
So it occurred to me today that I haven't posted my games from rounds 4-6. It's been almost a month! Since I've been holding out on you guys, here they are.

The first game is disappointing to me. I fell apart after I saw that he had found some good strategy. In reality I was still in the game.

The second game I just made a typical 'Gafni' blunder (more to come in the next post). Somehow I get away with having a high rating and still making awful, awful moves. It happens, that game sucked.

The third game was a nice way to close out the tournament, sure he played horribly but I finished him well.
 

2 comments so far.

  1. Chessaholic April 16, 2008 at 9:53 AM
    Hey Kevin, good chatting last night. Hope you had enough time to get that opening down before your lesson this morning :)

    The game against Aigner was cool, I thought black had decent chances. But what do I know :) The game against Agarwal was very unlike your normal style, it just feels very timid. The obvious turning point is 15.Ne2, but even before that you don’t show your aggressive style. Four out of your first seven moves you were moving the same knight! After eight moves, all you have out is the d5 pawn and that knight… But then you went back to your usual no nonsense style and produced that awesome game against Rudyak - you tore him to pieces! Good stuff.
  2. drunknknite April 16, 2008 at 11:37 PM
    chessaholic - i feel like i learned a lot about the opening but we had moved on by this morning i think he was just trying to prove a point yesterday. today we just focused on something new. he is working me pretty hard. i can honestly say that keeping up with the lessons is going to be as hard if not harder than any college class i took on the way to my degree. should be fun.

Something to say?