drunknknite
He was winning,
but he didn't see it
and I escaped - as usual.

-Levon Aronian

It's Official! I'm an Expert!!

By drunknknite
I broke the 2000 barrier last night!! In a wild game against Eric Shoemaker I made a horrible blunder and was in danger of falling behind in the game, but luckily Shoemaker blundered back and I won the "Club Championship Warmup" aka Pointless Tournament, with a perfect score of 3/3. It was essentially a RR between George Fischer, Nathaniel Garingo, Shoemaker, and I.

My rating should be 2005. Fucking sweet.

Update: 2020 on the May supplement.
 

12 comments so far.

  1. Unknown March 14, 2008 at 10:56 AM
    Hi Kevin, congrats! About our game last night. I didn't see ...Nf5 in my home analysis, but wasn't happy to see it over the board. I could have saved myself a tempo there I think.
  2. tanch March 14, 2008 at 1:44 PM
    My best congratulations to you, drunknknite!

    Fantastic results and a job well done on reaching this milestone!
  3. Chessaholic March 14, 2008 at 1:56 PM
    awesome, congratulations! You da man, man! :) I really hope to reach that level one day but I think it'll be a looong time before I get there...
  4. ChargingKing March 15, 2008 at 10:54 AM
    Nice job Kevin!

    I look forward to seeing you play some IMs at the Far West!

    I also moved up (unofficially) to the B-Class.
  5. Anonymous March 15, 2008 at 4:36 PM
    Congrats man! Just think about how cool it sounds to say I'm an expert chess player.
  6. transformation March 16, 2008 at 10:33 PM
    damn! this must feel good. a low twenty, not a high 19! congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! how sweet the joy. you deserve it!
  7. wang March 16, 2008 at 11:26 PM
    Congratulations this is truly excellent news. I hope your rating keeps going up friend.
  8. drunknknite March 17, 2008 at 10:18 AM
    Thanks guys! It's a nice number to reach, but my goal has always been to be a master so this is just another step along the way.
  9. Sir Nemo March 17, 2008 at 3:38 PM
    Wow congrats Kevin! That's really awesome stuff man. You are a new hero in my eyes and I can only hope to some day reach the same rating! Keep up the good work and you will eventually become Master.
  10. Unknown March 17, 2008 at 9:38 PM
    SWEET!!! That wins, i know you wanna get higher, but damn, dude, that is a huge milestone, congrats
  11. Polly March 18, 2008 at 11:08 AM
    Congratulations!!! I'm quaking in boots now. :-)

    How would Friday night work for you to play our LEPers game?
  12. BlunderProne March 26, 2008 at 5:35 AM
    I've been under a rock. Congrats! Nice to have a rating close to the actual year. Myself, I'm stuck in the middle ages.

Something to say?