drunknknite
He was winning,
but he didn't see it
and I escaped - as usual.

-Levon Aronian

Crazy Thought in Game Play

By drunknknite
So if you have been reading this you know that I have been focused on wild imbalanced positions and I'm trying to get a better feel for how to play these positions as they arise often. This game I invite a sacrifice because I did not believe his attack was strong enough. We both start making mistakes as soon as the position becomes imbalanced. Like I said in the earlier post it comes down to who is more comfortable and who is able to make fewer mistakes.



This was a nice way to close out the year. I may not post until after new year's so Happy Holidays! See you next year!
 

7 comments so far.

  1. Ivan December 23, 2007 at 2:48 PM
    I was wondering if you could add my blog to your links.

    I have added yours to mine.

    Getting to 2000:
    http://www.gettingto2000.blogspot.com

    Getting to 2000
  2. takchess December 23, 2007 at 6:50 PM
    Hey DK,

    Is that you I see Kibitzing on Chessgames.com on some of the Art of Attack Games?

    I love that site . This is one of the
    collections I created on the Traxler

    http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chesscollection?cid=1008357
  3. takchess December 23, 2007 at 6:52 PM
    I guess the comments don't allow me to post the full link . If you google
    a Wandering tour through the traxler

    you will find it.
  4. drunknknite December 23, 2007 at 8:28 PM
    tak, i saw your collection because i've been following the 'book club' but I haven't commented on any of the games...
  5. takchess December 24, 2007 at 3:07 AM
    This is whan i mean from the chessgames

    http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1071720&kpage=1

    Oct-12-02 drukenknight: black does not reply to 11...Bg4 since that is black's move. Do you want to try to stop me and play white's 12th?

    But you havd a pt. I have to admit I may have made that last move a little too quickly. You know I was playing w/ Pawntificator last night. He had Bobby's position so I had to keep a sharp eye on him.

    Dk now see that after 11...Bg5 12 exd6 followed by a check down the e file may not be so hot.

    All dk knows is that he wants to exchange pieces because he is up in material and he has the move.

    There was an interview w/ Bisguier last year where he was playing Sting and his band and he said that they should just try to look at the simplest moves first.

    HOw many ways do I have to swap? I can swap pieces on f3, I could swap pawns d/e, and there is still another exchange of Bs w/ Be7.

    There is one thing that concerns Dk though and that is that white has a positional advantage over Dk, black has not castled and white has.

    Dk see that one of those exchange possibility will address the positional concern while the other moves do not.

    The dk now smiles, somewhat sheepishly and asks "will you let me play 11....Be7, please?"
  6. Ryan December 24, 2007 at 7:08 AM
    Crazy game. :) Happy Holidays!
  7. drunknknite December 24, 2007 at 9:25 AM
    tak - I didn't take on this alias until November of this year, so I'm pretty sure that was someone else. I will look it up later and see what he's talking about. But it wasn't me.

    ryan - Thanks, you too!

Something to say?